Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dog-a-Week Paintings: Bishon Frise

6"x6" Oil on gessoed hardboard


We lost our little poodle last December afte a short illness, and although we weren't ready to bring another dog into our home, I spent a lot of time researching different breeds and painting them. I called the series, "A Dog -a Day Paintings". After months of keeping up with that, I became so busy with commissions that I had to put the daily little paintings on the back burner... but I found one in my studio recently, and remembered how much I enjoyed painting them. So, I decided to try to find the time to squeeze in at least one dog per week. So, here is this weeks selection, a great family dog... the Bichon. Btw, after much searching , we ended up adopting a wonderful little Papillon we call Riley, who we adore!!
To purchase, click on the link to my ebay store.

No comments:

Post a Comment