Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cowboy

16" x 20" on canvas






I've been so busy over the past few weeks with freelance work, and painting for an upcoming show in January , that I haven't had a chance to get back here and post anything new... so, now that I made the time to be here :-) I thought I'd post one of the things I've been doing for fun. I particpated in a fantastic 3-day painting workshop with a wonderful pastel artist named Judith Carducci (check her out at http://www.pastelsocietyofamerica.com/ ). After a 3 hour demonstration each morning, we painted from the live models all afternoon. It was great fun and a treat to see how this accomplished, talented artist works in pastels. Some of us painted in oils, as did I... and I enjoyed applying some of Judy's tips on VALUE... if you get the SHADOWS right the painting READS right. Here is one of 3 paintings I did in the workshop... boy.. did I LOVE being a student again!









No comments:

Post a Comment