Monday, November 24, 2008

"Still Life with Oranges"

16' x 20", Oil on Canvas

I found this oil last week as I was cleaning out my studio.. it's one I did a couple years ago, and shelved while I was decding whether or not I was done with it. I do that often.. let a piece sit for a while as I digest it.. waiting days or weeks, or sometimes months, to see if anything screams out to me that needs to be fine tuned. I once heard that the way to know whether or not a painting is complete is whether there is nothing else in it that you can correct.

There are probably a couple oif things I could correct in this painting, but i sort of like the look of it... I like the way the oranges glow and jump off the canvas, against the dark earthy brown backdrop with hidden leaves. Click on the image for a closer look.

To purchase, click on the link to the right to take you to my ebay store.


No comments:

Post a Comment