Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Alexa" WIP 3 (Work in Progress)


Here is the next installment of my portrait of my daughter. I still need to work into the background and decide how to handle the lower portion of her clothing, but you can see the progress I've made since the last blog. I worked into the face to bring in lighter tones, while leaving some of the original darker shadows to show through. I still need to go back in to those shadows just a bit, and still have an "issue" with the eye on the right... but it's starting to be a pretty good likeness of Alexa. The nice thing (and frustrating thing,too) about doing a live portrait of a face you know well, is that whatever is wrong with your painting is clearly evident to you and your family! We all realize that the distance between Alexa's eyes and the length of her nose is a little too long. She is posing for me again starting Monday, so I'll attempt to correct that in the next
portrait.. ya live and ya learn......



18" x 24" pastel on board

No comments:

Post a Comment