Friday, July 4, 2008

"Blue Cloud", Assateague

8" x 10" on linen canvas.
One of the most wonderful treats during my visit last week to Chincoteague Island, Va. was to set the alarm clock for 5 am (ok, that part wasn't so wonderful!), and drive out to the salt marshes and quickly find just the right spot to pull over and set up shop and paint. This has to be done with great decisiveness and speed... finding the most perfect view, dragging the portable easel out and setting up pronto(which, let me tell you, if NO easy task!), and getting the paints, turpentine, brushes all in position and ready to work. Even THEY are not fully awake this early in the morning... but once we all got going... we had GREAT fun! Working plein air (outdoors, on location) presents challenges and forces me to work fairly quickly to begin with.. but working against the quckly approcahing sunrise, and constantly changing sky and landscape, made it even more fun. By 7 am, I had completed three nice little paintings. This is one of them... and is available for purchase in my store on ebay.
To purchase, follow the link to my eBay store on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment