Monday, July 7, 2008

"Chincoteague Rain"

11" x14", Oil on canvas.
ended up having fun working on this, although it started out sort of frustrating. The colors were too high a "key", (too bright) and it wasn't feeling like the mood I wanted to convey. So, after a week or so on my shelf in my studio (which is where all paintings take a break and sit for a while before I decide whether or not they are done!), I decided what this painting needed was a warm umber brown glaze, which means I mix the oils with a clear medium that is transparent, and I can glaze over the entire piece and alter the overall tone. So... as soon as I put brush to canvas with the glaze, I felt better! It solved the brightness probleem, and gave it a luminous quality which reminds me much more of the marshes on Chincoteague. Hope you enjoy!
To purchase, check out my link to my eBay store on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment