Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Still Life with Teapot

30" x 30" Oil on canvas

Here's something I've had on my easel in my studio for the past couple of weeks... I set up a still life inspired the these wonderful happy looking flowers my hubby brought me home recently(he "surprises me every week with them!) and decided to paint them from a slightly different persepctive. I set it up on a low platform on the floor, close to my easel, so I could look down on them. I'm working on a deep magenta colored canvas, and purposely leaving as much of it showing as I can, without distracting from the subject matter. I think it's making the yellows and greens "sing". Regarding the teapot.. I initially painted it in much more detail, but realized that the perspective was not quite right on it. So, I did what I had to do.. and redrew it in paint right ontop of the original teapot, and have begun to repaint the details. It was bothering me.. but now I think I've got it right! I always say.. you know when a painting is done, when there is nothing more on it that you can correct... there's more to correct on this... but it's at afun stage now to work on... like putting the frosting on the cake. Stayed tuned for finished piece soon......


No comments:

Post a Comment